We have been very. busy. It's been an exciting few weeks for the band, so if you haven't been following our Facebook updates, allow me to get you up to date:
- Early in the month, we played a super fun house party at Dave's. We went for an au natural acoustic setup, so not to folk-rock North Philly too hard. A surprising number of people came out and they were a great audience. We hope they had as much fun as we did. Des' friend, and new BHM friend, Tom Barrett was also on hand to take some photos during and after the set. Check them out if you like!
- Mid-April, we began recording a 4-song EP at Kawari Sound Studio with the awesome Matt Muir. We spent two long days/nights in the studio and banged out the majority of vocals and instrumentation. It was a real success for the group, as our first time together in a professional studio with limited time and budget. It was tough at times, but everybody brought their A-game, dug deep, and created something that we are very proud of. We are really excited for everyone to hear the finished product. Check out some behind the scenes pictures!
- Last Friday, we played a show in Newark, Delaware at Home Grown Cafe with our friends New Sweden. It was a blast and we are hoping to work with them again soon. Please check them out if you haven't already. They put on a great show and have certainly made fans out of us.
- This week, we returned to Kawari Sound Studio to put some finishing touches on our EP. In the next few weeks, we will be editing, mixing, and mastering. Stay tuned for info about the release! Excitement!
- Last, but not least, next Tuesday, May 3, we are competing in the Music-a-Live! Philly battle of the bands, hosted by The Legendary Dobb's on South St in Philadelphia. We were chosen, along with 13 other bands, to compete for prizes and help benefit music programs in Philly. The contest takes place the first four Tuesdays in May - 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th. Bands are judged by a panel of professionals and audience participation. That means we need YOU! Please come out this Tuesday, May 3 and support us!
Check out the Music-a-Live! Philly Facebook page here.
RSVP to the first contest event here.
We hope to see you soon (Tuesday, May 3!)